Position Type: Full-time
Location: Auburn, CA
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Direct job applications only, please.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, Dropbox, databases, VPNs
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN), VoIP and patch management
- Knowledge of system security, firewalls and data backup/recovery/replication
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language as appropriate
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (windows, ubuntu, red hat)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts, workstations, servers and desktops
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build and maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies