Position Type: Full-time
Location: Auburn, CA
Seeking an experienced System Test Engineer with proven analytical and technical skills for system level test of next generation storage networking ASICs. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an early-stage startup company.
US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
Direct applications only, please.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, other related discipline or the equivalent in experience and training, and a minimum of 2 plus years of experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience using and working with JBODs, HBAs and NICs is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience with Storage and Networking highly desired
- Knowledge and experience writing scripts
- Knowledge and experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows
- Ability to operate and interpret PCIe/NVMe/Ethernet traces
- Strong protocol knowledge in one or more of the following areas: TCP/IP, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, SAS, SATA, RDMA protocols & PCIe
- Proven track record with writing detailed test plans
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking to test and validate hardware
- Team-Player, can-do attitude and will work well in a group environment while still being able to contribute on an individual basis.
- Using sound test engineering principles, knowledge of the product and technology to ensure the product meets functional and customer requirements and is ready to ship on schedule
- Contributes to overall test schedule development
- Writes the test plans for new product features, generates test matrices, test reports, and other relevant test documentation that is required for flawless program execution
- Defines new tests based on customer feedback and defect fixes
- Executes existing/regression test cases for the project during the entire product development cycle
- Works closely with the other system test, hardware, ASIC and firmware engineers to improve test methodology and develop new tests and new strategies
- Configures customer hardware and software systems; troubleshoot problems to get to root cause
- Maintains customer and test equipment to current revisions
- Owns the test process from definition, detection to final resolution