Position Type: Full-time
Location: Roseville, California
Kazan Networks is seeking a new graduate-level Firmware Engineer with excellent analytical and technical skills for design and verification of next generation storage networking ASICs. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-moving startup company.
US Citizens or Permanent Residents only. And direct applications only, please.
- Recent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent C and Python coding skills
- Experience with embedded CPUs, e.g. ARM
- Familiar with Java, HTML and RESTful design
- Familiar with software version/revision control system, e.g. SVN
- Problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player with a can-do attitude and works well in a group environment while still being able to contribute on an individual basis
- Experience in FPGA platform based development and testing experience (desired)
- Protocol knowledge in one or more of the following areas: TCP/IP, SCSI, Fibre channel, Ethernet, SAS, SATA, RDMA protocols, PCIe, NVMe (desired)
- Experience with Protocol Analyzers (desired)
- Design, implement, and test firmware
- C coding
- Script development, e.g. Python
- Bring-up of hardware
- Investigate and debug issues
- Use protocol analyzers
- Design modules and document designs
- Develop and document test plans